Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just an update and goodnight

Well, this is a boring post, but I just felt like saying that I'm back to work on Secret after a couple days hiatus.  I think I'm back on track now.  I had to insert something where there had been nothing before...take that as you will.  Turned out to be a decently substantial addition at around 2700 words.

Just so you don't feel cheated by the lack of amusing content in this post, have a little Tosh

p.s.(that turned out to not really be a p.s.)  I really am super excited about Secret in the Box...maybe its just my perverse sense of tragically bullying fictional teenage boys, but I think I'm doing something right on this one.  When I write, I actually feel good about what I've written...maybe that's a bad sign, I don't know.  I guess you 'the reader' will have to let me know when I release it.  Currently at 37,352 words and counting, this one I think won't be giant, but probably will be larger than Invalid.  New 'episodes' keep occurring on the way to the plot points, but I'm pretty sure I'm past the midway point at least.  Friend Nessa let me know she was actually impressed with the length since in her experience most ebooks turn out to be like 85 pages on her nook while Invalid came out to over 300...so kudos to me.

So, I'm not sure about the cover image for this one.  Originally I was going to go with something similar to Invalid.  Then, when I thought this would be a compilation of a few similar stories and entitle it Boy v. Universe, I thought I'd scrounge up some kid whose parents didn't mind him being on the cover of semi-disturbing sci-fi literature, maybe holding a baseball bat in some shadowy school hallway.  But now that it looks like I might just have Secret all by its lonesome, I'm not quite sure what to do with the cover image.  I can't think of anything that nicely summarizes the themes or the plot of this thing.  This will require thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment