Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Today's Update

So, while most of the day was spent in a useless way, I did manage to get 2700 words done this afternoon.  If only I was so productive all the time...At an important part of Secret in the Box, the kinda climax, as it were...but we're still a good way from being done.  A lot more things have to happen.  I don't think I could say its the midpoint, so far as length is concerned, but insofar as the plot goes, its sort of a midpoint.

So, I was explaining my story to somebody today and they told me to check out this movie called Tomboy. 

Here's the trailer.



Did it surprise you?...it didn't surprise me, but I had been briefed on the plot summary.  I think I would have been surprised.  The way my friend was describing it, I was worried that the plot would be similar to Secret in the Box, but its obviously not at all, though I guess I can see why she said my story reminded her of it.  Thematically, there are some similarities, I suppose.  It looks like a really good movie, though I'm not sure I'd want to see it.  It can only possibly end in tears...and even if they're happy tears, I'm not sure I could take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment