Monday, September 5, 2011

I must not be writing...

Man, so, like, 2 posts in a day?  For reals?  Ya.


Good work done on Oraphan Cycle today.  What's that?  I haven't mentioned it on this blog.  Well, its my fantasy story.  Super serial.

So how many stories is that I'm working on?  Well, let's see.  Currently there's Celia: Monster Slayer, which is going to be a full sized juvenile fiction book.  Oraphan Cycle (thats the working title, by the way) which is a full sized fantasy.  The Secret in the Box, which is a short story, and then Fiery Brian, also a short story.  So that's only, what, four?  That's not that many.  And Fiery Brian and Secret in the Box may go in the same book...though my brother suggests they're too different to do that.  I'll figure it out later.

So. Yeah, gonna have a fantasy epic, though honestly, don't know how those other guys hack it.  400,000 words?  No way.  Though, ya know, I figured out that one secret of writing is re-writing, as opposed to editing the original.  You write it down, get those ideas out, and then expand on them.  First drafts should be drafts...only took me 30 years to figure that one out...

In theory.

Discipline!


PS. So, go figure, you get some interesting pics when you google image search 'discipline'

No comments:

Post a Comment