Monday, September 5, 2011

Wound Up

So, the hardest part of writing is putting down the, uh, keyboard when you get stuck, and taking a break, because you get really attached to the story you're working on and you don't want to quit.  Even though I know that sometimes I have to just stop and work on something else, some other story, I really want to keep on working on the story at hand because I had some momentum going.  But then you just force things that aren't there, get caught up in the words instead of letting the images write for you...I get all left brained, really, and that's no good for writing fiction, not for me, anyway.

Lesson learned, yeah, but hard to adhere to said lesson.  Discipline, discipline, discipline.

Oh, hey, do you like poppy dance music?  I don't typically, but you should check out Liz Primo if you like that sort of thing.  I got to hear a pre-release cd and actually liked some of the stuff.  Its fun.  Some of its kinda like The Ting Tings or even some of the more poppy Fantastic Plastic Machine.  Its up for pre-order on iTunes right now and should be out pretty soon; I think itunes says Sept. 13...I think that's my grandma's birthday.  Happy birthday Grandma!  You know what you're getting; hope you like lyrics with lots of sexual euphemism!  Anyway, scope it out, yo.  I like Candy Man, kinda has that FPM feel at points, and Wind Me Up is kinda 80s in some really good ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment